Here is a Twitter button that I did with Photoshop CS2 and that you can use on your website or blog to drive users to your Twitter profile!
Twitter is a social networking service, where members can inform each other about “what they are doing” or “what they think“. It’s a little bit like sending sms but in broadcast! It’s possible to send messages via phone, instant messaging or the Twitter website. Other users (twitters? ) can receive updates via web, IM, or SMS.
Ok now the buttons. It actually took me 5 or 10 mins only to do them. I created the button from zero using a round shape and playing with the “Blending options” of the “Layer style”. Then I just added the t letter making it similar to the one from the twitter’s logo.
Here are the 120×120 and 70×70 pixels versions of the Twitter button with a transparent background that you can place on any background color of your website:
Buttons are free to grab but please leave some feedback if you are using it!
Due to the number of requests received, I’ll also explain here briefly how to use the button on your website:
- Upload the button image above to the server where your website is hosted or to a 3d party service as Twitpic.
- Get the URL of the image, that is the link to the image location.
- If you use Twitpic, after you upload the image you can click on “Put this photo on your website” and you’ll get the following code:
<a title="Twitter button 120x120 pixels - MilkAddict on Twitpic" href="http://twitpic.com/1ebqu7"><img src="http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/1ebqu7.png" alt="Twitter button 120x120 pixels - MilkAddict on Twitpic" width="150" height="150" /></a>
You can modify this for use on your website. You need to set the image size to for example 120×120 instead of 150×150 and to change the link of the image to your own twitter account. Here is an example with my Twitter account link:
<a title="MilkAddict Twitter account" href="http://twitter.com/milkaddict"><img src="http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/1ebqu7.png" alt="Twitter button 120x120 pixels - MilkAddict on Twitpic" width="120" height="120" /></a>
- In case you host the image on your own website simply get the link to the location where the image is and add the link to your twitter account. Again it will look like this:
<a title="MilkAddict Twitter account" href="http://twitter.com/milkaddict"><img src="http://your_website_address.com/images/button.png" alt="Twitter button" /></a>
- Include the html code above in the place on your website where you want the button to appear!
My button is featured on the following websites:
Do you like this? Check out also my other Social Networking buttons!