Php-stats is an excellent site monitoring script and it’s free to download and definitely easy to install. It’s released under the GPL/GNU license. The requirements for the software are: PHP 4.0.6 or higher, MySQL 3.23 (*) or higher.
Let’s describe now the few steps for the installation of Php-stats:
- Modify the config.php with the values provided by Aruba when you activated the MySql service:
option['host']=”xxx”; xxx is the IP address of the Aruba MySQL server. An example value is 220.127.116.11 $option['database']=”xxx”; xxx is the MySQL database name.For example something like Sql123456_1 $option['user_db']=”xxx”; xxx is the username of the database. For example Sql123456 $option['pass_db']=”xxx”; xxx is the password of the database. Example: k1526g0f $option['script_url']=”xxx”; xxx is the URL of the installation path of Php-Stats. For example: www.domainname.com/stats $option['exc_pass']=”xxx”; xxx is the password used to enable the dynamic exclusion of the IP addresses. Es. dynamic.
- Now let’s upload via FTP the Php-stats files to the www.domainname.com/stats URL, eventually creating the folder stats if it doesn’t exist.
- Make sure the folder option has read,write,execute permissions for everyone (chmod 777). Everytime we modify something from the control panel Php-stats will write in that folder.
- Make sure the file config.php has read and write permissions for everyone (chmod 666) to be able to use the Config-Editor di PHP-Stats.
- Run the setup.php using the URL www.domainname.com/stats/setup.php and follow the instruction displayed.
- At the end of the installation set the options parameters displayed, as for example for example the URL of the website, your email for password recovering and reports and other settings for the reports.
That’s it! Now just wait for people to visit your website and check the statistics!