The following guide explains how to safely migrate your Android smartphone data to a new Android phone.
The topics and steps that will be covered are:
- Back up your Android personal data with your Google account
- Sign into a Google account in the new Android phone
- How to migrate Contacts on Android
- How to migrate applications from the Android Market (Google Play)
- How to migrate Photos and Videos on Android
- How to migrate Music files on Android
- How to migrate SMS and Call Log on Android
To complete the migration you will need access to a computer, your current Android smartphone (A) with the data that you want to migrate, the new Android smartphone (B) where you want to migrate the data to, an USB cable to connect the phones to a computer.
Before proceeding, it is also recommended to upgrade the Android smartphones to the latest firmware version available. (more…)